LAS CRUCES – The town has announced that far more grant funding is obtainable for modest corporations and nonprofits hurt by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The second round of the Las Cruces Modest Organization Continuity Grant Application will give one-time grants of up to $20,000 to qualifying businesses and nonprofits. It will use cash that was allotted to the town through the Coronavirus Assist, Aid and Financial Protection Act (CARES Act) still left over following all the 1st-round candidates ended up funded.
The application is dwell from Dec. 1-6. Firms can submit applications to the city’s Economic Growth Section on-line at las-cruces.org/covidgrant.
“Over 300 companies obtained funding through the 1st round,” Las Cruces Economic Development Director Griselda Martinez reported. “We know these cash will be instrumental to hold their doorways open up, specifically in light of the modern limitations. We are on the lookout ahead to providing added help to local tiny corporations.”
The first spherical certified firms which did not make more than $2 million in gross revenue in 2019 and which had fewer than 50 workers. This new spherical bumps the criteria up to $5 million in gross earnings and 100 staff members.
The second round is also doubling the most grant award from $10,000 to $20,000.
Resources will go to businesses and nonprofits only in town boundaries. This is the eligibility criteria.
- Highest of $20,000 for qualifying small enterprises bodily positioned in the city of Las Cruces, together with cell sellers.
- Organization forms include C-Corps, LLC, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, and 501 (C) 3 nonprofits.
- Candidates with less than 100 workers on Feb. 29, 2020 are eligible.
- Candidates will have to have created no extra than $5 million in gross revenue in 2019.
- Candidates have to have had valid company registration issued by the Town of Las Cruces no afterwards than March 10, 2020.
- Applicants ought to be willing to give requested economic facts for 2019 and 2020.
- Applicants need to show monetary hardship because of to COVID-19.
- Resources ought to be utilised to reimburse expenses incurred for the reason that of expected closures, delivered individuals prices are not paid out by insurance policy or by any other federal, state, or local software.
The grants can be made use of to protect non-operator worker payroll, rent and utilities, insurance policy, mortgage payments, buy of function-from-residence computer software and equipment and various redesign charges to make a company comply with constraints and pandemic pointers.