LAS CRUCES – The town has introduced that a lot more grant funding is offered for little organizations and nonprofits damage by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The second round of the Las Cruces Smaller Organization Continuity Grant Program will give 1-time grants of up to $20,000 to qualifying enterprises and nonprofits. It will use funds that was allotted to the city by the Coronavirus Support, Reduction and Economic Stability Act (CARES Act) remaining in excess of immediately after all the initially-round candidates were funded.
The application is dwell from Dec. 1-6. Firms can submit programs to the city’s Financial Development Department on the internet at las-cruces.org/covidgrant.
“Over 300 businesses gained funding in the course of the initially spherical,” Las Cruces Economic Development Director Griselda Martinez said. “We know those resources will be instrumental to retain their doors open, especially in gentle of the modern restrictions. We are wanting ahead to delivering supplemental assistance to neighborhood smaller firms.”
The initial round qualified organizations which did not make more than $2 million in gross earnings in 2019 and which had much less than 50 workforce. This new round bumps the criteria up to $5 million in gross revenue and 100 staff members.
The second spherical is also doubling the maximum grant award from $10,000 to $20,000.
Money will go to businesses and nonprofits only in town limits. Here is the eligibility criteria.
- Highest of $20,000 for qualifying modest companies bodily located inside the metropolis of Las Cruces, including mobile vendors.
- Company sorts contain C-Corps, LLC, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, and 501 (C) 3 nonprofits.
- Applicants with less than 100 staff members on Feb. 29, 2020 are suitable.
- Applicants should have designed no more than $5 million in gross income in 2019.
- Candidates have to have experienced legitimate business enterprise registration issued by the City of Las Cruces no afterwards than March 10, 2020.
- Candidates ought to be willing to present asked for money info for 2019 and 2020.
- Candidates ought to demonstrate money hardship due to COVID-19.
- Money need to be utilised to reimburse expenditures incurred due to the fact of essential closures, presented these prices are not compensated by insurance coverage or by any other federal, point out, or neighborhood software.
The grants can be employed to deal with non-owner staff payroll, hire and utilities, insurance coverage, house loan payments, acquire of get the job done-from-home program and equipment and different redesign fees to make a organization comply with limitations and pandemic recommendations.
This posting at first appeared on Las Cruces Sunshine-News: Second spherical of Las Cruces compact company grant plan qualifies greater businesses